Keio Economic Observatory (KEO) was established in 1959 at Keio University, for the purpose of conducting theoretical and empirical research on economic and industry studies in the context of the existing economic conditions of Japan. The institute consisted of the three sections: Economics, Law and Behavioral Science.
The Institute's researchers consist of specialists in various departments at Keio University as well as the Institute's own research staffs.
- KEO Discussion Paper No.153:Theresa M. Greaney, Kozo Kiyota "Japan’s Outward FDI Potential" March 2020
- KEO Discussion Paper No.152:Tadashi Ito, Toshiyuki Matsuura, Chih-Hai Yang "Revisiting Complementarity Between Japanese FDI and the Import of Intermediate Goods: Agglomeration Effects and Parent-firm Heterogeneity " ,February,2020
- KEO Discussion Paper No.151:Theresa M. Greaney, Kozo Kiyota "The Gravity Model and Trade in Intermediate Inputs" January 2020
- ReportAPO Productivity Databook 2019of the productivity statistics database of Asian countries was published. Oct 2019.
- KEO Discussion Paper No.150:Kozo Kiyota,Toshiyuki Matsuura, Yoshio Higuchi "Multinationals, Intraﬁrm Trade, and Employment Volatility" August,2019
- KEO Discussion Paper No.149:Taisuke Otsu, Keisuke Takahata and Mengshan Xu "Empirical likelihood inference for monotone index model" July,2019
- KEO Discussion Paper No.148:Taisuke Otsu and Go Taniguchi "Kolmogorov-Smirnov type test for generated variables" July,2019
- KEO Discussion Paper No.147: Masaya Nishihata and Taisuke Otsu "Conditional GMM estimation for gravity models " July,2019
- KEO Discussion Paper No.146:Takeo Hoshi,Kozo Kiyota "Potential for Inward Foreign Direct Investment in Japan " March,2019
- KEO Discussion Paper No.145:Kozo Kiyota,Toshiyuki Matsuura,Lionel Nesta "What’s Behind the Figures? Quantifying the Cross-Country Exporter Productivity Gap " ,December,2018
- ReportAPO Productivity Databook 2018of the productivity statistics database of Asian countries was published. Oct 2018.
- KEO Discussion Paper No.144:Koji Nomura, Kozo Miyagawa, and Jon D. Samuels "Benchmark 2011 Integrated Estimates of the Japan-U.S. Price Level Index for Industry Outputs " ,October,2018
- KEO Discussion Paper No.143:Koji Nomura and Naoyuki Akashi "Measuring Quality-adjusted Labor Inputs in South Asia, 1970–2015 " ,Decembe,2017
- ReportAPO Productivity Databook 2017of the productivity statistics database of Asian countries was published. 1th Oct 2017.
- KEO Discussion Paper No.141:Koji Nomura and Hiroshi Shirane "Redefining the Picture of Myanmar’s Economic Growth: Trade, Production, and Jade " ,Decembe,2016
- KEO Discussion Paper No.140:Tadashi Ito, Toshiyuki Matsuura, Chih-Hai Yang "Revisiting Complementarity between Japanese FDI and the Import of Intermediate Goods: Agglomeration Effects and Parent-firm Heterogeneity " ,November,2016
- ReportAPO Productivity Databook 2016of the productivity statistics database of Asian countries was published. 1th Oct 2016.
- KEO Discussion Paper No.138:Kozo Kiyota,Tetsuji Okazaki "Assessing the Effects of Japanese Industrial Policy Change during the 1960s" ,April,2016
- KEO Discussion Paper No.137: Toshiyuki Matsuura "mpact of Extensive and Intensive Margins of Foreign Direct Investment on Domestic Corporate Performance:Evidence from Japanese Automobile Parts Suppliers", Abstract" , March,2016
- Koji Nomura's column, Productivity trends in Asia after the Global Crisis,was publish at the VoxEU.org 18.Dec.2015
- ReportAPO Productivity Databook 2015of the productivity statistics database of Asian countries was published. 1th Oct 2015.
- KEO Discussion Paper No.135: Makoto Hasegawa,Kozo Kiyota "The Effect of Moving to a Territorial Tax System on Profit Repatriation: Evidence from Japan" ,Jun,2015
- KEO Discussion Paper No.134: Doan Thi Thanh Ha,Kozo Kiyota "Misallocation, Productivity, and Trade Liberalization: The Case of Vietnamese Manufacturing" , May,2015